Posted by Wade
Over the past several weeks and months we have been praying about, thinking about, talking about, discussing, weighing options, and interviewing for a new job once we return to America. We prayed that God would provide for us financially, but more importantly would provide a place for us to live that would be conducive to a lifestyle for His glory and for the benefit of our marriage and family.
The world tells us to get the job where we can move up the fastest, have the biggest salary, and most benefits. I’ll admit that up until about six or seven years ago that is exactly how I thought. I wanted to make big money, buy expensive things, and go on great vacations. Having a bigger salary also allows you to get more debt and possibly start worshiping it which can be a potential issue for me. While I never really was in over my head in debt, I know there were times when I would have done things differently if I didn’t have a debt load.
I noticed as my relationship with Christ grew, my priorities in life changed. I lost the desire to keep up with the world and wanted more out of life than having a bigger balance sheet. However, those “wants” are always a temptation and always have a way to creep into our lives through the cracks. Believe me, I need Jesus to fill those cracks daily sometimes!
With that said, as we were praying about our future after we return to America, we wanted the most important thing to be about those priorities that are opposite of the world. God provided us with three wonderful opportunities all of which had benefits. All had different benefits, but each benefit (in our eyes) was tied to a priority in life which was either worldly or Godly. It is so hard, even though we know this, to not take the worldly benefits. I found myself already thinking about what could be bought or what a comfort it would be to have this or that.
So the most important benefits for our lives included having a job within a short distance from home (so that we could see each other more frequently to provide a stronger marriage and relationship), being close to family (to provide support to each other), to have opportunities in the future to go on mission trips (to tell others about Jesus), and to be able to work in a place where integrity and hard work would be rewarded.
While the other two opportunities we had provided many of these benefits that were important to us, only one could provide them all. We are super excited to live in Chanute, Kansas, where we will be able to live close to work, be close to Megan’s parents, and work for a man who loves missions and has the highest level of integrity. I look forward to being the next employee of Charles R. Sharp, CPA, LLC!
Wade with Rick along the Georgia and Azerbaijan border
(Rick and his wife visited us here in Georgia in October 2011)
We have 2 more weeks in Georgia, then we will be working on reconnecting with family and friends in America while trying to get somewhat settled in Chanute. We hope to do as much as possible before I officially start my new job in November. We appreciate all the prayers of those who knew we were looking for the next step. We hope you will continue to pray for us as we finish out these 2 weeks and find our way back into American life. We would also appreciate your prayers for Megan to find a job once we are a bit settled in Chanute.
2 comments:
Congrats on the job, and we will continue to keep you in our prayers!
Wade & Megan,
Congratulations to you on the new job and new home! Thanks too for the reminder that GOD, Family, Work is what is important!
Our prayers and love are with you both as you make the transition back to Kansas!
Doug & Mary
Post a Comment