Posted by Megan
Throughout the month of November, many friends on Facebook were sharing something they are thankful for each day. I did not participate publicly…not because I am not thankful…just thinking and pondering the things others shared and my own thanksgivings privately. I really liked the idea and found it helpful to focus on all that we can be thankful for in life over an extended period of time (like one month) rather than all at once (like only on Thanksgiving day). When my mind was focused on giving thanks, it helped me keep everything in better perspective.
I want to piggyback on the idea and continue the focus on the reason for the December season…the birth of Christ, my King. I find it easier to keep this in perspective living outside of the USA. One reason is that I am not bombarded by all the commercialism in America. In a couple weeks, we will be in America for the holidays. We will be suddenly surrounded by it, but I want to keep my focus on Christ. So the posts over the next 25 days are more about me keeping my focus on Christ and the meaning of Christmas, but I am going to share them with you too.
I found this FREE devotional based on Christmas carols. Wade and I will be reading this every day as another way to help us keep the focus where it belongs.
Download the Carols 25 Day Devotional here, then click on “View Resource” to download a PDF file with the daily devotionals.
Download FREE Christmas carols here. The songs can be downloaded from the church website as a zip file or through itunes as a podcast.
Read this devotional this month and/or come back to our blog and find more Christmas inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment